As one of Canada’s unique learning opportunities, the 2023 Leisure Development Course (LDC) will be presented at their usual location at Vance Creek Hotel & Conference Centre on Silver Star Mountain. The LDC provides park, recreation, culture and community development personnel with innovative leadership, and professional development training with participants receiving the high standard of teaching and professional development learning from our diverse faculty. Here is what 2023 will look like:
- Instruction dates June 7th through June 11th
- Sessions this year will focus on: Developing & Using Motivational Skills; Outcome Based Management; Marketing Your Agency; and Community Programming & Special Events
- Total classroom (instruction) time will be approximately 24 to 32 hours (six to eight hours per subject)
- LDC 2023 registration fee $550/student. Special on-the-Mountain accommodation/meal package available to all registered students.
- Students are expected to participate in all instruction sessions
- Correspondence assignments will be issued at completion of instruction
- Successful graduating students (Year 3s) will be eligible to apply for post-secondary credits
2023 Registration and LDC information
For further information regarding the Leisure Development Course contact Chris Nelson by email.
In 2023 the Leisure Development Course is proud to partner with Patron Sponsor Recreation Excellence and Premier Sponsors DB Perks & Associates, Langara College Recreation Studies and Recreation Facilities Association of BC.
This program is endorsed by British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA).