BC is celebrating Family Day weekend Friday, February 14 — Monday, February 17, 2020
Family Day was introduced in BC in 2013 to recognize the great contributions that families make to our lives, our communities and our province. Supporting families to be strong, happy and healthy is essential to building a healthy BC. Family Day is a day to get together with all the people who, for each of us, make up our family. Communities around the province created special events and activities to help bring families and communities together.
Event grants are being made available with the support of the BC government and the Government of Canada, and delivered in partnership with BCRPA, to support local governments and First Nations Bands/Councils in coordinating family-based, admission-free events in celebration of BC Family Day.
Municipal or regional district recreations departments, or First Nations Bands/Councils may apply for up to $1,000 to support admission-free, family-based BC Family Day events.
Event Grant Criteria
In order to qualify for a grant you must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant is a municipal or regional district recreation department, or First Nations Band/Council
- The event is:
- Hosted and produced by the municipal or regional district recreation department, or First Nation Band/Council
- Held within the applicant's community during the Family Day long weekend - Feb 14, 15, 16, or 17
- Free of cost for all participants, and Accessible to anyone who wants to participate
- Family oriented
- Designated and branded as a "BC Family Day" event
Grant applications are due 4:30 pm PDT on February 12, 2020, or as grant funds remain available.
For complete details on the grant criteria and considerations, and to submit an application, view the event grant application page.
To find a free community event near you, visit the Family Day 2020 Event Listing page.
|We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.