The Recreation and Parks Sector Guideline for Restarting Operations (The Guideline) is a planning tool to help our public recreation and parks sector to carefully re-open and offer services and programs safely during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Created by a Task Force comprised of nine BCRPA members, and with the input of the sector’s senior leaders from every local and regional government, provincial authorities and sector stakeholders, The Guideline provides a framework for BCRPA members to develop restart plans and procedures specific to municipalities and regional districts.
View and download The Guideline. (Last updated June 15, 2020 - review what has been updated)
Additional COVID-19 related resources are available HERE.
(Note: you must be a BCRPA member to access this information.)
These resources include:
- A number of the appendices within The Guideline provide practical tools and check lists. These have been converted into easy to use file formats and include:
- BCRPA member led Programming webinars and confabs
- MIABC COVID templates
- Ministry of Health, & BCCDC - Guidance for Day Camps, Family Camps, and Overnight Camps During the COVID-19 Pandemic - updated July 9, 2021
- Additional information from the BCCDC is available on the Camps webpage
- BC Camps Association also has resources for day camps & family camps, and overnight camps on their webpage
- BCRPA - Guidance and Consideration for Children's Spring Break
- Camps during COVID-19 Pandemic - released February 16, 2021
- Regional Health Authorities, Ministry of Health, & BCCDC - Swimming Pools Guidelines - released July 14, 2020
- WorkSafeBC - Sports and Recreation: Protocols for returning to operation - released June 15, 2020
- BCRPA - Guidance and Consideration for Children's Day Camps during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Regional Health Authorities, Ministry of Health, & BC-CDC - COVID-19 Guideline for Swimming Pools -version 1 released June 3, 2020 and Key Principles for Swimming Pools - version 1 released May 29, 2020
- LifeSaving BC - Reopening BC's Pools & Waterfronts
- BCRPA & RFABC: COVID-19 Considerations for Restarting Swimming Pool Operations
- Regional Health Authorities, Ministry of Health, & BC-CDC - Guideline for Public Outdoor Playground Equipment and Spray Parks
- viaSport - Return to Sport Guidelines for BC
June 4, 2020 - COVID discussion with MIABC and Sport BC. Recording can be viewed here.
BCRPA & RFABC joint presentations
June 18, 2020 - Pool Re-opening Resources webinar recording and COVID-19 Considerations for Restarting Swimming Pool Operations document.
May 20, 2020 - Re-opening Pools webinar with Dale Miller of the Lifesaving Society - BC & Yukon on their Re-opening BC’s Pools & Waterfronts Guideline.
May 8, 2020 - COVID-19 and Beyond - Cleaning and Disinfecting.
Summer Recreation. (note: you need to enter your name and email and hit “register” to get access). Discussion on best practices for local governments that are looking to offer summer parks and recreation services and programs during Phase Two of BC’s Restart Plan.
COVID and Local Government Facilities (note: you need to enter your name and email and hit “register” to get access). MIABC also posted a blog with the transcripts of COVID each webinar: Parks and Outdoor Recreation Spaces, Local Government Facilities; the information is really valuable. The password and username are both Resources (case sensitive).
Parks and Outdoor Recreation Services. This collaborative session addressed how local governments can balance providing key infrastructure and services to their community while complying with the BC Provincial Health Officer’s (PHO) orders and recommendations.
More resources and information are being shared among local and regional government members in the COVID-19 Forum on the conversation corner.