About the Leisure Development Course
As one of Canada’s unique education opportunities, the Leisure Development Course (LDC) provides park, recreation, culture and community development personnel with innovative leadership, and professional development training. Presented by a diverse faculty, students are provided with knowledge and innovative tools to improve their personal and professional learning.
Flexibility of the core curriculum allows the student to enter at the year of their convenience. Successful graduates have the option to apply for post-secondary credits through the Recreation Studies Department at Langara College, Vancouver.
Here is what 2022 will look like:
- Instruction dates June 8th through June 12th
- Sessions this year will focus on: Community Development; Open Space Planning; Facility Planning; and Risk Management
- Total classroom (instruction) hours will be approximately 24
- LDC 2022 registration fee $500/student
- Students are expected to be present for all instruction periods
- Correspondence assignments will be issued at completion of instruction
- Successful graduating students (Year 3s) will be eligible to apply for post-secondary credits
2022 Registration and LDC information
For further information regarding the Leisure Development Course contact Chris Nelson by email.
In 2022 the Leisure Development Course is pleased to partner with Patron Platinum Sponsor Recreation Excellence as well as supporting partners; Langara College of Vancouver, DB Perks & Associates and Recreation Facilities Association of BC.
This program is endorsed by the British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA).