About the Leisure Development Course
As one of Canada’s unique education opportunities, the Leisure Development Course (LDC) provides park, recreation, culture and community development personnel with innovative leadership, and professional development training. Presented by a diverse faculty, students are provided with knowledge and innovative tools to improve their personal and professional learning.
Flexibility of the core curriculum allows the student to enter at the year of their convenience. Successful graduates have the option to apply for post-secondary credits through the Recreation Studies Department at Langara College, Vancouver.
Here is what 2023 will look like:
- Instruction dates June 7th through June 11th
- Sessions this year will focus on: Developing & Using Motivational Skills; Outcome Based Management; Marketing Your Agency; and Community Programming & Special Events
- Total classroom (instruction) time will be approximately 24 to 32 hours (six to eight hours per subject)
- LDC 2023 registration fee: $550/student
- Students are expected to be present for all instruction periods
- Correspondence assignments will be issued at completion of instruction
- Successful graduating students (Year 3s) will be eligible to apply for post-secondary credits
2023 Registration and LDC information
For further information regarding the Leisure Development Course contact Chris Nelson by email.
In 2023 the Leisure Development Course is proud to partner with Patron Sponsor Recreation Excellence and Premier Sponsors DB Perks & Associates, Langara College Recreation Studies and Recreation Facilities Association of BC.
This program is endorsed by British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA).