Grant applications closed November 13, 2020 at 4:30 PM PST.
BCRPA, with the support of the Government of Canada, and in collaboration with the BC Seniors Games Society (BCSGS), is once again pleased to offer grants of $500 - $2,500 to local communities to host "Give it a Try!" 55+ BC Games 2020 events.
In order to qualify for a grant, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a municipality or regional district, or a First Nation Band
- The event must be organized in collaboration with a member of the local BC Seniors Games Society Zone. To learn which zone you are in and contact the zone representative, click here. Our goal is to have one participating facility in each zone.
- The event must offer sports that are played in the 55+ BC Games.
- The event is free and promoted to those over the age of 55.
- The event incorporates a social component (while following recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer), where 55+ BC Games resources and community centre program resources are available for distribution and promotion.
- Preference will be given to communities who provide participants with the opportunity to try more than one sport.
- Upon completion of the Give It a Try event, participants will be provided with a complimentary pass or passes to use at the community centre (Recommend 5-10 passes).
- Priority of funding will be awarded to programs providing outreach to any of the following groups: newcomers to Canada, First Nations, multi-cultural groups, or inactive seniors.
- The event must occur between November 1, 2020 and June 6, 2021.
- Funds may cover cost for: participant fees, facility fees, equipment, staffing/personnel, refreshments, complimentary passes, marketing/promotions, and transportation.
- $200 of the requested grant funds will be automatically allocated to the BC Seniors Games Society Zone. Please ensure this is allocated in your requested amount and accounted for in the budget details.
- Marking and promotions budget may include up to $600 to cover the cost of one newspaper ad.
- If approved, the grant recipients must submit a joint final report on the event (i.e.: number of participants who attended, event descriptions, successes/challenges, etc.), and participant evaluations.
- The event must acknowledge the financial support of BCRPA, BCSGS, and the Government of Canada.
“We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.”
Priority will be given to applications where events:
- involve the target populations;
- provide the opportunity to try more than one sport;
- while ensuring grants are distributed across the province.
Grant applications are now closed.
The applicants will be notified of the status of their application by November 20, 2020.
Grant application deadline
November 13, 2020 at 4:30 pm PST
Grant application notification
November 20, 2020
Final report deadline
|June 14, 2021, 4:30 pm PST
For any questions regarding the grant please contact: Christina Schultz, Education Administrator at email@example.com or (604) 629-0965 ext. 223.