For any questions regarding the grant or application please contact:
Kaitlin Atkinson, Older Adult Provincial Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 629-0965 227.
Applications are due April 22, 2019 at 4:30 PM PST.
Grant Q&A Teleconference
There are two Grant Q&A Teleconference opportunities to connect zone representatives and municipalities, and answer any questions related to the grants or application process:
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019 (5:00pm – 5:45pm)
- Thursday, April 18, 2019 (10:00am – 10:45am)
If you would like to attend the above teleconferences, please contact Kaitlin Atkinson by email.
If you are a Zone Representative or Municipality Representative and would like to be connected to either a zone or municipality, please contact Kaitlin Atkinson.
In order to qualify for a grant, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a municipality or regional district, or a First Nation Band
- The event must be organized in collaboration with a member of the local 55+ BC Games Zone. To learn which zone you are in and contact the zone representative, click here.
- The event must offer sports that are played in the Kelowna 55+ BC Games.
- The event is free and promoted to those over the age of 55.
- The event incorporates a social component, where 55+ BC Games resources and community centre program resources are available for distribution and promotion.
- Preference will be given to communities who provide participants with the opportunity to try more than one sport.
- Upon completion of the Give It a Try event, participants will be provided with a complimentary pass or passes to use at the community centre (Recommend 5-10 passes).
- Funds must cover cost for: participant fees, facility fees, equipment, staffing/personnel, refreshments, complimentary passes, marketing/promotions, and transportation.
- $200 of the requested grant funds will be automatically allocated to the 55+ BC Games Zone. Please ensure this is allocated in your requested amount and accounted for in the budget details.
- Marking and promotions budget may include up to $600 to cover the cost of one newspaper ad.
- If approved, the grant recipients must submit a joint final report on the event (i.e.: number of participants who attended, event descriptions, successes/challenges, etc.), and participant evaluations.
- The event must acknowledge the financial support of BCRPA, BCSGS, the Province of BC and the Government of Canada.
“We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.”
The municipality and the 55+ BC Games zone representative must complete a joint Give It a Try application that includes signatures of both organizations before April 22, 2019 at 4:30 pm PST.
The applicants will be notified within 7 business days of the status of their application.
Grant application deadline
April 22, 2019 at 4:30 pm PST
Grant application notification
Within 7 business days
Final report deadline
Spring: June 30, 2019 at 4:30 pm PST
Fall: November 30, 2019 at 4:30 pm PST
How to Apply:
1. Connect with your 55+ BC Games Zone Representative or Municipality.
To learn which zone you are in and contact the zone representative, click here.
Contact Kaitlin Atkinson by email if you need assistance.
2. Complete the Joint 2019 Give It a Try Application Signature PDF
- Have this document saved and ready before you complete the Grant Application Form - you will be asked to upload the file.
3. Complete the online Joint 2019 Give It a Try Grant Application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 22, 2019 AT 4:30 pm PST