Continuing Education Credits (CECs) are an industry standard to ensure that you are up-to-date with current practices in the fitness field. Proof of credits earned within your 1-year registration period is necessary in order to renew your BCRPA Fitness Registration and continue to be publicly listed on The Registry® of Fitness Professionals.
- In-person and online workshops count toward professional development and are for CECs only – they do not qualify as a specialty module course
In this section you will find information about additional ways to earn CECs including:
External Courses and Workshops (not pre-approved by BCRPA)
If you have attended a conference or taken a course, workshop or some other kind of educational training that wasn’t pre-approved by BCRPA for CECs, you may still be able to receive credits for it.
Approvals will be given to professional development workshops/training only. The content must demonstrate that it meets BCRPA's continuing education standards. The content must also show that the workshop/training was targeted at improving the professional quality of a fitness leader.
Click here for details on how to submit a CEC petition for external workshops.
Receiving Credits for Your Post-Secondary Education
Post-secondary (University/College) classes are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, but in general 1 post-secondary Credit = 10 BCRPA CECs.
To submit an application for credits:
- Log in to your account on The Registry® of Fitness Professionals.
- Go to the "CEC Log" accordion and click on "Submit CEC Petition". Be sure to leave the "Workshop Pre-Approved?" check box blank.
Please note that you will need to modify your answers for university/college courses. For example, you can input the following fields as such:
- Title: Name of Course
- From Date: Completion Date
- Hours: The amount of credit hours
- Presenter Name: Professor Name
- Location of Workshop: City or Online
- Workshop Contact E-mail: General contact email for institution
- Workshop Contact Phone: General contact number for institution
Note: If you are selected for a random audit you will need to submit the following documents:
- Detailed Workshop Description: Upload course syllabus (usually provided by instructor at the beginning of the course or as part of course materials)
- Attendance or Completion Certificate: Upload transcript (unofficial transcript is accepted)