Fitness Theory Course
The Fitness Theory Course is NOT a requirement for BCRPA Fitness Program registration. However, it is highly recommended as it will prepare you for the mandatory Fitness Theory Exam.
View our Approved Fitness Theory Course Providers Below:
Contact the course provider for complete information, including course duration, course outline, course components, time commitment and course requirements. Prices for the Fitness Theory Course ranges from $315 - $565 depending on the course provider and format of delivery (i.e. Smaller class sizes or 1-on-1 may see higher fees).
If you do not wish to take a course, the CFES, Body Blueprint, and Kinesiologists.ca Fitness Theory manuals can be purchased directly from the suppliers.
You may also find the following resource helpful in preparing to write this Exam:
Fitness Theory Exam
The Fitness Theory Exam is a requirement for initial registration with BCRPA and must be completed before purchasing your first-year registration.
If you require any accommodations to write the exam, please email us.
Note: If you do not successfully pass the exam on your first attempt, we strongly encourage you take the Fitness Theory Course prior to re-writing the exam. You will only be able to purchase 3 exams before you are advised to contact the BCRPA office.
When you are ready to take the Exam:
- Log in to your new account on The Registry® of Fitness Professionals
- Click on the Exam History tab towards the bottom of your User Account page.
- Click the Purchase Exam button.
- Then, follow the instructions to purchase your Fitness Theory Exam.
- Payment is accepted by credit card. Credit/Debit, Debit Cards, or Personal Cheques are not accepted.
Once payment has cleared, exam information and further instructions will be emailed to you. Please check your spam/junk folder if you do not see the email in your inbox.
- This Exam is written online only and is hosted on ProctorU. Photo ID, along with a webcam, microphone, speaker, and computer running on Windows 10 or higher with Internet connection are required.
- Cost - $110 + GST ($80 exam + $30 ProctorU service fee)
- Exam Length - 60 questions, multiple choice
- Important note: The system shows one question at a time. You will not be able to go back, review, or update your answer to a question once you have clicked the “next” button to continue the exam.
- Time Given - 60 minutes
- Passing Grade - 80% (48/60)
Please read the complete Online Exam Policy before completing any online exams.
Refunds and Expiration Policy
Once you have purchased the Exam, there is no expiration date to schedule and write the Exam.
However, a refund can only be granted within 3 months of the purchase date. Exam fees are non-transferrable and cannot be used for another Fitness Student.
Exam fees are only applicable to the account on which it was purchased.
Note: You have one (1) year from the date of passing the Fitness Theory Exam to purchase your first-year registration; registration is a mandatory pre-requisite prior to starting work on your Core Specialty.