BCRPA's Fitness Registration offers a fully automated self-serve registration renewal system. All renewals must be processed online through The Registry® of Fitness Professionals (no exceptions). All registration renewal submissions to BCRPA must be done online through your personal account as an individual Fitness Leader.
Learn more below.
Renewing Your Registration and Maintaining Good Standing
To stay current with your BCRPA Fitness Registration, Fitness Leaders must have the following completed before your renewal date:
- Current CPR certification (minimum: CPR-A) and current First Aid certification (minimum: Emergency or Standard First Aid)
- Note: Once any of these expire, you are no longer covered under the BCRPA insurance program.
- Proof of Continuing Education Credits (CECs)* earned within your current registration period.
- Fitness Students (within their first year of registration) are not required to earn CECs
- Fitness Leaders - 6 credits total required
- SFL/TFL - 8 credits total required
- Pay your 1-year registration fee.You may choose between two amounts of insurance coverage included in your BCRPA Fitness Registration. You have the choice of the following:
- Fitness Leaders excluding Personal Trainers specialty:
- Registration renewal with $2 million general liability coverage - $110
- Registration renewal with $5 million general liability coverage - $135
- Fitness Leaders including Personal Trainer specialty:
- Registration renewal with $2 million general liability coverage - $165
- Registration renewal with $5 million general liability coverage - $215
*Please check your account on The Registry® to see if you have any outstanding CECs before you can renew. As we transition to a one-year registration process, you may still need to complete the requirements for the 2-year registration process of 12 CECs for Fitness Leaders and 16 CECs for T/SFLs.
Please submit your CEC petitions early. Processing of CEC petitions may take between 5-10 business days.
Remember that it is your responsibility to keep your BCRPA Registration and your CPR and First Aid certifications valid.
Return to top
Updating Your Account on The Registry®
For information about updating your CECs click here.
To update your First Aid and CPR certification:
- Login to the The Registry® of Fitness Professionals
- Click the "First Aid Certificate" and/or the "CPR Certificate" tab
- Click the "+ Add Certificate" Button
- Fill out the information and click "save"
Note: You are not required to submit copies of your certificates unless you are selected for a random audit.
Below is a screenshot of First Aid and CPR input areas within your user account on The Registry®.
To pay your Renewal fee:
- Login to The Registry® of Fitness Professionals
- Click the "Manage Registration" tab
- Click the blue "Proceed with Purchase" button
- Note: This button is only viewable if you have met all registration renewal requirements and are within their renewal window 3 months before expiration date.
- Follow the prompts and select to renewal with $2 or $5 million general liability coverage.
- Note: make sure you have only selected one option before moving on to step 5.
Click on the green “Proceed to Payment” button to complete your purchase
Important note: Payment is accepted by credit card only. Credit/Debit, Debit Cards, or Personal Cheques are not accepted
Below is a screenshot of the Manage Registration area within your user account on The Registry®
Further details on how to use The Registry® can be found here or you can view this short 3 minute video.
Return to top
Scope of Practice
The Scope of Practice identifies the range of responsibilities for BCRPA Registered Fitness Leaders in each Core and Advanced Specialty Module. It is expected that Fitness Leaders comply with their Scope of Practice; doing so ensures that they are covered by the Commercial General Liability insurance plan through SportBC Insurance Agencies Ltd.
Click here to read the full Scope of Practice.
Return to top
Code of Ethics
BCRPA's Fitness Registration Program Code of Ethics provides guidance – individually and collectively – to all BCRPA Registered Fitness Leaders in order to maintain a high level of ethical conduct. The essential principles of the Code of Ethics are honesty and integrity. Fitness Leaders who reflect these characteristics will be a credit to BCRPA, the institutions they represent, and themselves.
Click here to read the complete Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct policy, including Confidentiality and Disciplinary policies.
In summary, BCRPA Registered Fitness Leaders will:
- Actively support the mission and philosophy of BCRPA's Fitness Program
- Be forthright in all dealings with the public; with integrity and without compromise, always act in the best interests of the public's well-being
- Treat all people equally and with respect for human dignity
- Uphold high ethical standards, bringing integrity and honesty to the profession
- Recognize individual boundaries of competence and refer to more qualified fitness or health professionals when appropriate
- Participate in continuing education and training to upgrade knowledge and stay current in the fitness profession
- Preserve the credibility and dignity of colleagues and associates by exhibiting professionalism in all situations
- Comply with the spirit, as well as the letter of all applicable business, employment and copyright laws and regulations
- Enhance community well-being by providing a high level of excellence in both professional skills and knowledge
- Strive to bring credit to the fitness profession by meeting or exceeding the standards of BCRPA's Fitness Program
- Present themselves truthfully in conjunction with the BCRPA name and its associated professional credentials
Return to top