DB Perks Young Professional Aquatics Award
Accepting 2023 Nominations until August 23 at 12pm PST
About the Award
The DB Perks Young Professional Aquatics Award acknowledges the outstanding achievements of an emerging leader in the early stages of their aquatics career. This new award is given biennially (every 2 years) at BCRPA’s biennial Ripple Effects Aquatics Workshop. This award recognizes young professionals with the traits and skills required to hold a leadership position in aquatics, and who shows promise in continuing to make an impact on the sector.
We thank DB Perks and Associates for their generous support of this award that recognizes the positive contribution young professionals have on aquatics in BC.
The recipient will have shown a commitment to aquatics leadership that will help advance recreation and parks being embraced as essential to the quality of life of every British Columbian (BCRPA’s vision).
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 18 to 30
- Be currently working part-time or full-time for a BCRPA member organization, and
- Must have a minimum of two years of employment experience in the aquatics sector
The Award Recipient will receive:
- Recognition at the Aquatics Award Ceremony during Ripple Effects Aquatics Conference 2023
- Complimentary registration to Ripple Effects Aquatics Conference
- A beautiful table top award for display
- Promotion on BCRPA's website and social media channels
Nominations received will be evaluated by a BCRPA committee based upon the selection criteria. BCRPA will inform the nominator and the successful awardee of the selection outcome. The award winner is expected to be available to receive the award at Ripple Effects on October 20, 2023.
Each nominee for the DB Perks Young Professional Aquatics Award will be evaluated on the following:
- Personal achievements and contributions to aquatics.
- Demonstrated excellence in the aquatics recreation field.
- Significant impact in the aquatics sector, e.g. by demonstrated leadership and commitment to creating active, healthy, and connected communities and demonstrated support for and encouragement of greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in aquatics.
- Desire to advance their education and training in aquatic leadership certification/post-secondary education.
Submission deadlines and important dates:
- July 20 – August 23: Call for nominations
- August 23, noon: Submission deadline
- End of September: Nominees informed of results
- October 20-21: Ripple Effects Aquatics Conference
Submit a nomination for the DB Perks Young Professional Aquatics Award.
2021 – Jessica Portsmouth, City of Cranbrook
Jessica Portsmouth, from the City of Cranbrook, was awarded the 2021 DB Perks Young Professional Aquatics Award during BCRPA's Ripple Effects aquatics workshop, November 24, 2021.
Jessica has demonstrated exemplary leadership within aquatics and as a community member. Through her drive to spearhead new initiatives, act as a mentor, engage her community in aquatic opportunities and trainings, and dive into leadership roles whenever asked, Jessica is a highly deserving recipient of this year's DB Perks Young Professional Aquatics Award.
Watch the full video presentation of the 2021 DB Perks Young Professional Aquatics Award here.
2019 – Annika Dixon-Reusz, City of Rossland
The BCRPA DB Perks Provincial Aquatics Youth Award acknowledges the outstanding achievements of an emerging leader in the early stages of their aquatics career. This new award offered for the first time this year, recognizes youth with the traits and skills required to hold a leadership position in aquatics, and who shows promise in continuing to make an impact on the sector.