Below are two additional changes to support you, our Fitness Leaders, through the continuing challenges posed by COVID-19.
Registered Fitness Leader Expiry Date Extension:
All BCRPA Fitness Leader registrations that expire between March 1, 2020 and August 1, 2020 have now been extended by 90 days beyond the expiry date. For example: if your registration had an expiry date of March 1, 2020, it is now be valid until May 1, 2020.
Insurance Coverage – Delivering Online Training:
We have been working tirelessly with your insurer, HUB International, to develop reasonable parameters for BCRPA Registered Fitness Leaders to deliver online training during this pandemic. We thank you for your patience.
The following has been provided directly from HUB International:
"The current insurance policy provides coverage to any Fitness Leader that conducts online training as long as it is within 10% of their annual gross revenue. As an accommodation, until September 30, 2020, insurers have agreed to lift the restriction and extend coverage for Fitness Leader whose online training exceeds 10% of their gross revenues.
The extended coverage is subject to a fee of $10 and the following restrictions:
- Participants may be new or existing participants.
- Participants must login to the permitted delivery tool, and register to participate in a class.
- Participants must have completed the necessary Par-Q forms.
- Publicly accessible broadcast tools such Instagram Live, Facebook Live, YouTube, etc., and pre-recorded videos are not acceptable methods of delivering online training. This is because these platforms do not allow two way video and communication for fitness leaders to determine if participants are in distress, or performing exercises in a way that could lead to injury.
- Permitted delivery tools must include the use of controlled, multi-screen video conferencing programs with two-way video and communication, such as Skype or Zoom.
- All injuries must be documented.
- Instruction to professional athletes and carded amateur athletes is strictly prohibited.
- Coverage does not extend to work-related rehabilitation of any condition.
Instructors must advise HUB International Insurance Brokers in writing before initiating online classes that exceed 10% of their gross revenues, and include the following information:
1. Number of online classes per week
2. Instructor’s remote location, bearing in mind facilities are closed
3. Class content (activities to be conducted)
4. Number of participants per class (ensure all participants are currently registered before the start of the session)
5. Class is limited to the number of participants that can be viewed on a single screen, with no more than four (4) participants in one location while following Provincial Physical Distancing Guidelines
6. Participants must have completed the necessary Par-Q forms.
If Fitness Leaders will be conducting online classes that exceed 10% of their gross revenues, they will need to contact us directly at TOS.Team-FitnessLeaders@hubinternational.com or 604-269-1919 to have an endorsement issued.
The additional premium charged will be $10.00 to offer unlimited online training until September 30, 2020."
Interactive Webinar with HUB Insurance
BCRPA is planning an interactive webinar with HUB Insurance to address any questions you may have. Once we have confirmed a time and date for this webinar, you will be emailed a notification and instructions on how you can join.