As one of Canada’s unique learning opportunities, the 2022 Leisure Development Course (LDC) will be presented at their usual location at Vance Creek Hotel & Conference Centre on Silver Star Mountain. The LDC provides park, recreation, culture and community development personnel with innovative leadership, and professional development training with participants receiving the high standard of teaching and professional development learning from our diverse faculty. Here is what 2022 will look like:
- Instruction dates June 8th through June 12th
- Sessions this year will focus on: Developing Personal Leadership; Group Dynamics; Agency & Civic Communications; and Educating for Leisure
- Total classroom (instruction) hours will be approximately 24
- LDC 2022 registration fee $500/student. Special on-the-Mountain accommodation/meal package available to all registered students.
- Students are expected to participate in all instruction sessions
- Correspondence assignments will be issued at completion of instruction
- Successful graduating students (Year 3s) will be eligible to apply for post-secondary credits
2022 Registration and LDC information
For further information regarding the Leisure Development Course contact Chris Nelson by email.
In 2022 the Leisure Development Course is pleased to partner with Patron Platinum Sponsor Recreation Excellence as well as supporting partners; Langara College of Vancouver, DB Perks & Associates and Recreation Facilities Association of BC.
This program is endorsed by the British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA).