In order to qualify for a grant, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a municipal or regional district, or First Nations community.
- The event:
- Offers at least 4 categories of activities, including Throw, Hit, Move, and Play (see Schedule B). The selection of sports/activities will be finalized in the planning process in collaboration with a BC Seniors Games Society representative.
- Is free and promoted to those over the age of 55.
- Will incorporate a social component following the event.
- Will provide an opportunity for participants to learn more about programs offered by the community centre and about participation in the 55+ BC Games.
- Will be planned and implemented in collaboration with a BCSGS local representative. The BCRPA will connect successful grant recipients and a BC Seniors Games Society representative before detailed event planning begins.
- Must take place prior to June 22, 2018
- Upon completion of the GIVE IT A TRY event, participants will be provided with a complimentary pass or passes to use at the recreation facility which will encourage ongoing participation with their desired sport or activity.
Other important things to know:
- The grant is intended to cover costs for: participant fees, facility fees, equipment, staffing, refreshments, complimentary pass, etc.
- Priority may be given to grant applications based upon:
- The scope of sport(s)/activities the community is able to offer
- The reach to 55+ Older Adults in the community
- The ability to enhance the mandate of the BC Seniors Games Society in increasing participation in the 55+ BC Games
- If approved, you will be required to submit a final report on the event – guidelines will be included in the grant letter of agreement.
- The event must acknowledge the financial support of the BCRPA, BC Seniors Games Society, the Province of BC and the Government of Canada.
- Grant Application Deadline: 4:30pm PST on February 23rd, 2018. You will be notified within 7 business days of the status of your application.
- Grant application deadline: Feb 23rd, 2018
- Grant recipient notification and distribution of 80% of funds: Within 7 business days after the grant deadline
- Final report submission deadline: July 6th, 2018
- Final grant payment: Within 5 business days of receipt of final report