Free Professional Development for Staff Working with School-Aged Children
BCRPA is pleased to offer this complement of free webinars to all BCRPA members.
Each one-hour, interactive webinar is designed to support staff working with school-aged children. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss specific issues they may be facing in their programs.
The three streams offered are: Strategies for Challenging Behaviours, Engaging and Working with Children with Autism, and Outdoor Nature Play.
Please register using the following links. Registration for multiple webinars is encouraged.
Challenging Behaviour Series:
- Proactive Strategies - building rapport, setting boundaries/rules, and flexibility:
- The Big 3 - not listening, not participating and being rude/disrespectful:
- Incorporating Social Emotional Learning:
- Case Scenarios - bolting, anger and no!
Canucks Autism Network Series:
- Part 1: What is Autism and What Does it Look Like in a Recreation Environment?
- Part 2: Setting the Stage for Success and Communication Tips:
- Part 3: Teaching Tools and Behaviour Support Strategies:
Nature and Outdoor Play Series:
- Unstructured Play - benefits, games to play, and how to assess risk: