- About BCRPA
- Fitness Program
- Fitness Advisory Committee
- How to Become Registered
- Instructor Competency Evaluations
- Renewal and Expired Renewals
- Code of Ethics
- Transfers and Course By-pass
- Program Policies
- Registration Benefits
- BCRPA & The Registry®
- BCRPA Registered TFLs
- Recreation and Parks
- Active Communities
- Walking Program
- Community Leaders
- Forms & Publications
- Training & Symposium
- BCRPA PD Calendar
- Member Benefits & Services
The BCRPA recognizes outstanding people and organizations who support the parks, culture & recreation sector through various awards, including:
Friend of the Sector Award
In March, 2012, the Board of BCRPA established a new Friend of the Sector award to honour achievement, excellence, creativity, innovation and outstanding collaboration by those outside the field of parks, recreation and culture, in enhancing individual health, community well-being and quality of life that is directly linked to recreation, parks and cultural development.
BCRPA members are invited to submit nominations to recognize individuals and organizations as a Friend of the Sector.
Additional information about Friend of the Sector Award and the nomination form can be found here.
Honorary Life Memberships are a special distinction conferred by BCRPA's Board of Directors upon Members who have made outstanding contributions to the parks, recreation, physical activity and cultural sector.
Additional information about the BCRPA Honorary Life Members and the nomination form can be found here.
For more information about the Honorary Life Member process, contact the CEO's office.
BCRPA Provincial Awards
The BC Recreation and Parks Association is pleased to recognize outstanding programs, innovative facilities and dedicated professionals who remind us daily of the work that is being done in the recreation, parks and culture services sector.
Award recipients were honoured at the annual BCRPA Symposium on April 29, 2016 in Whistler, BC.
BCRPA 2016 Provincial Award Categories included:
- Citation of Outstanding Achievement
- Award of Merit
- Facility Excellence
- for projects under $500,000 in capital costs
- for projects over $500,000 in capital costs
- Program Excellence
- in communities under 15,000 population
- in communiites over 15,000 population
- Parks & Open Spaces Excellence
- PERC Award for Management Innovation and Ingenuity
- Both nominators and nominees must be members in good standing with the BCRPA.