- About BCRPA
- Fitness Program
- Fitness Advisory Committee
- How to Become Registered
- Instructor Competency Evaluations
- Renewal and Expired Renewals
- Code of Ethics
- Transfers and Course By-pass
- Program Policies
- Registration Benefits
- BCRPA & The Registry®
- BCRPA Registered TFLs
- Recreation and Parks
- Active Communities
- Walking Program
- Community Leaders
- Forms & Publications
- Training & Symposium
- BCRPA PD Calendar
- CPRA Professional Development Certification
- Member Benefits & Services
A Time For Renewal: An Assessment of British Columbia's Recreation Facilities
To be the 'Best Place on Earth', British Columbia must be the healthiest community on earth. Just as healthy living requires a new focus and on-going commitment, recreation infrastructure urgently needs a steady on-going investment. With sustainable maintenance and renewal funding, recreation facilities are one of the most cost-effective prescriptions for good health and engaged citizens.
“The need for a sustainable recreation infrastructure funding strategy has never been greater, and the BCRPA Recreation Facilities Assessment Study has provided a solid evidence base for the development of such a strategy. This report consolidates the research and makes a clear case for action by the province of BC and its municipalities.”
– DON HUNTER, PRINCIPAL, DON HUNTER CONSULTING
Getting Started: Findings in Brief
- What is the State of Recreation Infrastructure in BC?
1. (a) What did the Assessment Study Find?
- Why is Recreation So Important?
- What Trends Affect Recreation?
- What is Needed for Renewal
- Investing for Today and Tomorrow
- Defining Funding Priorities
Communications Manager, BCRPA
604-629-0965 ext. 233