- About BCRPA
- Fitness Program
- Fitness Advisory Committee
- How to Become Registered
- Instructor Competency Evaluations
- Renewal and Expired Renewals
- Code of Ethics
- Transfers and Course By-pass
- Program Policies
- Registration Benefits
- BCRPA & The Registry®
- BCRPA Registered TFLs
- Recreation and Parks
- Active Communities
- Walking Program
- Community Leaders
- Forms & Publications
- Training & Symposium
- BCRPA PD Calendar
- CPRA Professional Development Certification
- Member Benefits & Services
BCRPA Membership has its benefits...
Your membership matters – to the BCRPA and to the sector. The BCRPA is your professional association and your community of peers.
Together we work toward a common vision of building and sustaining healthy active communities.
Through the BCRPA, you and your colleagues share information, make connections, and generate the advocacy strategies, tools and resources that drive our common objective -- a healthy BC.
Strengthen your association, your professional community and your sector. Become a member today - your voice matters!
- Networking with industry practitioners
- Discounted rates to all BCRPA events and conferences
- Access to our official magazine, Recreation and Parks BC
- Discounted rates for online job postings - job postings are listed on
the BCRPA website and Twitter account
- Regular industry updates through electronic Communiqués
- Access to members-only online resources, toolkits and research
- Voting privileges in board election
- Having a voice in advancing the sector
- And much, much more! Click here for full details on memberships benefits.
BCRPA membership is based on the calendar year.
Honorary Life Memberships are a special distinction conferred by BCRPA's Board of Directors upon Members who have made outstanding contributions to the parks, recreation, physical activity and cultural sector. Additional information and nomination forms can be found here.
For more information about the Honorary Life Member process, contact the BCRPA CEO Rebecca B. Tunnacliffe.
In March, 2012, the Board of BCRPA established a new award to honour achievement, excellence, creativity, innovation and outstanding collaboration by those outside the field of parks, recreation and culture, in enhancing individual health, community well-being and quality of life that is directly linked to recreation, parks and cultural development.
BCRPA members are invited to submit nominations to recognize individuals and organizations as a Friend of the Sector.
Nominations for Friend of the Sector Awards are now closed.